Sunday, November 6, 2011

THE THREE MICE... (within)



Ever lived with just these two?? wow ask me. what a mess man!!!i am sure who ever invented this saying "Three is a crowd" , was where I was once. On a sabbatical!!!I was there, with myself. Well almost myself. If you think it is difficult to take a break from your social life or your family or that work that you think cannot survive without you, think twice...I tried. I once decided to take a sabbaticaland believe me it was not even half as messy as trying to leave these two characters behind. Try as i may, there was no way I could get rid of them. I


And there I was stuck with two mice. I didn’t quite realize what the proverb really meant--- "Quite as a MOUSE” and here I had two mice. I never realized how competitive they can be till I was a bit settled in. Then as it turns out, they both were seeking their own sabbatical too, albeit....they both claimed their clear space...and here I was seeking my own space... so this sabbatical turns out to be one big holiday with THREE MICE in a space for single…
pleaded, I hit the ceiling, I tried to sneak out...the more I tried to wriggle out the more I got tangled in this mess. Finally my better sense prevailed and I realized it was smart to just let them tag along. BUT...BUT...I put my condition. "I am doing this to bring some peace to myself so you two better be quite as a mouse".

ME and MY HEART and MY MIND

Then I just decided not to blog for some time. In fact I had decided not to do anything that involves my other two companions. Because I discovered that whatever I took up, these two would start meddling with their advices, promptings, suggestions which would finally lead up to arguments, attention seeking antics and finally tantrums, thus making a mess taking me back to starting point.

My Heart and My Mind were all hell bent upon making a mess of everything. But how to keep them away? To keep these two out of anything thing meant not doing anything at all. Well… that’s exactly what I did. I stopped everything and just started to Be.


Ok..Ok…that’s taking too much of credit. Of course it was not possible to do it on my own. This “just be” and all that. I am a mere mortal you see.
.

So I tricked these two into a ten day VIPPASANA course.

For those who are new, Vippasana is a form of meditation based on the teachings of the Buddha and the ten day course starts with observing the tenet of absolute silence(verbal & non verbal).

The first day into silence in the middle of a forest shook the spirit out of all three of us. On the second day I heard them screaming “Please let us have some external sound, anything, WE CANNOT STAND OURSELVES”

Wow! What enlightenment!!

(It was an enlightenment even to understand what enlightenment means)

It felt like a breakthrough. WE had together taken a sabbatical to be away from “IT” all. We craved for peace and silence from this chaotic world. And here we were, all three of us shocked from this discovery, “We were the ones creating all the Noise, chaos, mess”. There is no IT, no THEY, no WORLD. It was the three of us together all the time. And we thought everyone else was responsible! WOW!!!

The rest of the days at the camp and on the Sabbatical were spent in stunned silence. All three of us found ourselves avoiding each other. I for once did not have anything to write or talk about.

And slowly all three of us settled in our own places and ironically

that is when I experienced for the first time,

The bliss of ONENESS, the bliss of JUST BEING.

No comments:

Post a Comment